SVP Preparators' Grant- New Name, New Application Deadline
June 05, 2012
Deadline Extension – and New Name!
New Deadline is July 2, 2012, at noon Central Time, USA
SVP is pleased to announce the Preparators’ Grant has been renamed the Marvin and Beth Hix Preparators’ Grant, and the deadline for applications has been extended to Monday, July 2, 2012. The Society is so pleased to honor this family with the renaming of this award, which is intended to further the field of vertebrate paleontology through the advancement of preparation. A cash prize of up to $3,000 will be awarded in 2012.
Current membership in the Society of Vertebrate Paleontology is required to apply for the Marvin and Beth Hix Preparators' Grant. Preference will be given to proposals for training apprenticeships and workshops – primarily travel expenses to learn or teach preparation. However, the committee will consider any proposal which furthers the field of vertebrate paleontology through the advancement of preparation.
Applicants are encouraged to contact a committee member before submitting their proposal. For this application period we will only be accepting applications and supporting documents via e-mail.
Complete the application form and return with the required documents to Kyle Davies at email@example.com no later than Noon CDT on Monday, July 2, 2012.
What to Submit
Information to be submitted via e-mail with your completed application:
1. Curriculum vitae information including preparation training and experience
2. Additional project personnel information (if appropriate): name(s), address(es), institution(s), phone and fax number(s), e-mail address(es) and CV(s)
3. Project description including goals, objectives, relevant logistics and timetable for the project. This will need to be a three-page, double-spaced document.
NOTE: If application is for preparator training, then please include, briefly, how the training will be passed on to others.
4. Budget information: travel expenses, living expenses, supplies and additional expenses. Please include information about any additional support for the project (matching funds, lab space, supplies, etc.)
5. At least one (1), but no more than three (3) letters of support
• Each letter of support must bear the full contact information of the person providing the letter (name, institution, phone and e-mail address).
• NOTE: If application is for preparation training, a letter of support from the trainer and one from the trainer's supervisor must be provided.
Any questions regarding the award may be directed to Marvin and Beth Hix Preparators' Grant Committee Chair Kyle Davies:
Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History
2401 Chautauqua Ave.
Norman, OK 73072
The amount of the grant will be determined based on the project proposal, but will not exceed $3,000 USD.
Deadline is at 12:00 NOON, Central Time Zone USA on Monday, July 2, 2012.